Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

Transcendentalists are people who believe that religion and politics are just things that cloud the purity of human beings; they believe that those who are self- reliant will prevail. Transcendentalists celebrate themselves every day. They embrace their way of thinking, style, and their individuality as a whole. These revolutionaries aren't afraid to step out the box or to run away from the mold society made has for them. 
Just like the transcendentalists I celebrate myself. I celebrate my individuality. I celebrated my uniqueness, my looks, my thinking, my style, my way of speaking, my dreams, and the way I lead my life. I celebrate the fact that I don't let a religion or political group control or narrow my views; I don't compromise my purity and virtues by going with something I don't agree with.

While it's nice to fit in and be well liked by others, my life doesn't revolve around it. Similar to the transcendentalists, my main goal is to just live my life for me! However that doesn't mean you will see me burning money, running in to middle of the wilderness for refuge,  or only feeling freedom in complete solitude. In fact, this is very unappealing and scary to me! So although I love myself and my individuality, I would be the ABSOLUTE LAST person to do some of the “out of this world” things we saw in the movie Into the Wild. I guess I won’t be a devote transcendentalist but I do possess some of the characteristics of one. One thing I realized from this unit is that I Celebrate Myself and I do so proudly because I am the only one who truly can; I love this, and I will continue to celebrate myself for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you wrote this! especially, your second paragraph and the last line of your blog. I think you balanced out facts and information about how you celebrate yourself really well, and I like that you talked about what you would do in Alex/Chris' (Into the Wild) situation. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you mention that you don't mind having these transcendental thoughts, but don't have the courage or even the urge to go out and actually do them. I see that sort of view a lot today when material goods have such a hold on us. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete